Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Brilliance




Really.....what's the point of having a blog if you don't brag on your kids? Elijah and Macklin came home today with perfect report cards. Elijah had straight A's again! The kid's really smart! Macklin had straight E's (1st grade A's) in all of the academics. She had an I (improving) on handwriting and talking so she clearly favors her Mother. I thought it was interesting that Macklin's teacher's comment was "She (Macklin) is such a neat person. I just love Mack!" I appreciate the fact that her teacher appreciates her and her unique personality.

While I am bragging, I was pleased to learn from Elijah's teacher the other day that he was the featured author from his class. His work is posted on the writing wall in the hallway outside of the cafeteria for the whole school to see. When I was in Macklin's class helping the other day I went to see Elijah's writing. I was curious who the featured writer was from Mrs. Smith's class and discovered that it was Macklin! Elijah's story was about a one dollar bill named Savuh Buck (they give them the topic) and Macklin's story was if she could be any mammal (besides human) she would be a monkey so that she could swing from trees and because it starts with M like her name! Pretty proud moments.....maybe we are doing some things right!






3 comments:

Becca said...

Those Zehr kids are great!

lauraknight said...

You are doing lots of things right!

Way to go Macklin and Elijah! Keep up the good work.

Laura said...

Way to go Elijah and Macklin!!! Great report cards!