Friday, February 22, 2008

Decision 2008


Today when Sophie and I got into the car the radio came on . The dial was set to 1510 WLAC talk radio. I was trying to back out of a parking space so I wasn't really paying attention until Sophie asked "Mom, is that Barack Obama?" (meaning the person on the radio) Well, needless to say, this caught my attention so I answered "No, it is Rush Limbaugh." She replied "That is not Rush LimBOB it is Barack Obama!" (which she pronounces correctly) I explained to her that Rush Limbaugh was talking about Barack Obama. I am not sure I convinced her. Since we were on the subject of politics I decided that I would ask her who she is going to vote for. I said "Sophie are you going to vote for Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton or John McCain?" She thought for a moment (really hard) and said with full confidence "I am voting for Paul Harvey!" Hmm.....even my 2 year old knows that the choices aren't the best this year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie, you are just too cute!

Jana

Anonymous said...

I just read this to Jeff and he said you HAVE to send this in to Paul Harvey! That would make it on the show!

jana

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I think I'll vote for him too ;)

Anonymous said...

I think Sophie is smarter than most people in Washington...Can't wait to see y'all, tell Elijah Ben & Macklin that I am so proud of them, sorry we can't come to the party...hope you have fun...Love y'all, Grannie & Papa

Ruth said...

That is so funny. I am going to vote for him also. Thanks sophie for your political advise I needed it.