Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WHAT!!!!!!???????

Today is a snow day and I will admit that I was a bit under prepared for serving lunch at home. When the time came I managed to create something acceptable. The only problem I encountered was that I was out of Kool-Aid and I only had a splash of milk. So, I made some sweet tea.
When I served lunch I handed Macklin her glass and she said "Is this tea?" I answered "Yes." "Can I have some water? I really don't like sweet tea?" WHAT?????!!!!! How did I not know this? She clearly gets this affliction from her Aunt Patsy. I have failed miserably as a Southern Mom. I can console myself in the fact that my other two children love it and I converted my Yankee husband long ago!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Macklin and Scotty and Scotty's mom would get along just fine. On top of not liking sweet tea, his mom doesn't like green beans!! And yet she grows a garden full and cans a mess of them!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that you are right about Aunt Patsy, the rest of us love it.....with lime instead of lemon....Love y'all, Granny

lauraknight said...

Oh, Macklin, you're young...there's still lots of time to learn to like sweet tea!! It's just what we southern girls drink.

Amy said...

Leave it to Macklin to go against the "southern grain".

Teble said...

I grew up and lived all of my 38 years (so far) in the South and I HATE sweet tea. But I love hot tea. Sorry, my mom's from England where tea is never iced.